Wednesday, February 18, 2009

BetraYed

"Betrayed"

Now I am all alone,
Like a dog without a bone,
Missing you,
No heart to call home.

The void you left,
Grows so far large,
Never can I hope to fill it,
For who can take your place in my heart?

You had said you loved me,
And would be with me forever,
Yet you left me,
When I needed you the most...

We were so close,
No matter how far,
I always trusted who you were,
And nothing else would have mattered..

But now I see a bit clearly,
For the haze is starting to lift,
And not even a hug or a kiss,
Was that letter your last gift?

Shapes fade into view,
And an endless tunnel beckons,
The maelstrom soothes my heart,
And pieces of me don't seem to fit.

I had thought you were special,
And would have pulled out stars from the skies,
But all you had were lies,
And you're etched onto my heart,
Where alone and unimportant I wither and die.......

No comments:

Post a Comment